Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Risto Stefov's Lerin - Kostur dialect dictionary


Dear readers and friends,

I am happy to tell you that my Dialectal Dictionary is now available online for free and can be found at this link;

http://www.oshchima.com/DBOOK/dictionary_-_text.pdf
at this website; http://www.oshchima.com

This is the dictionary that I put together in an attempt to preserve the Lerin-Kostur Dialect of the Macedonian language, the same language that Greeks nowadays claim does not exist.

Since this was my first attempt at putting together such a dictionary without assistance I would like to ask you to have a look at it and if you are familiar with the Lerin-Kostur dialect of the Macedonian language, to participate in expanding it.

If you know words that are not in the dictionary, I would appreciate it if you would e-mail them to me at this e-mail: rstefov@hotmail.com

With each dialectal word please include the English equivalent and briefly define what the word means. This is not only a traditional language that needs to be saved, it is also an archaic language which could in the future benefit science.

Thank you.

Regards, Risto…

No comments: